Sunday 5 January 2014

All in Good Hummus

I really like Hummus, it is one of those foods I always think I should eat more often. I normally mix in roasted butter-nut squash which makes it smooth and slightly sweet - it is however, a lot of work. I saw this on Pinterest and thought it was a great idea. (I have put the full link below the guide as well).
How to Make Hummus: Recipes for Hummus Variations
 http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/healthy-recipes/13-different-ways-make-hummus

I sometimes have difficulty finding tahini and in the past I've had to use sesame oil, or found out that the tahini was past its best after the first use, so I was really keen on using the peanut butter and cheat. I decided to mix the 'pesto' and 'cheats' recipes.



So ingredients ready to go I put them it in the blender. I found it a bit thick so I thinned it down with water. I also decided it could be smoother so I passed it through a sieve.









Really pleased with the result, the tahini is not missed at all and the pesto worked so well I added a bit of a pesto swirl. With a tub of chopped veg tomorrow's lunch should be good. I have been convinced I should try more of these and I am intrigued by the beet one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment